Here's how to get started...
1. Go to http://holycrosspenticton.hotlunches.net or click onthe H above
2. Click on "Click Here to Register"
3. Enter our school's Access Code HCHL
4. Enter your name, email address and phone, then a user id that
you will use for access to the hot lunches application. Enter a
password and then enter it again to verify that it is correct.
5. Click the "Register Now" button at the bottom.
6. Once registered, you will be logged into the website.
7. Please add your children by clicking on the "STUDENTS"
button below or the "PROFILE" menu tab in order to proceed.
Once your children have been added to the system you will be able to place lunch orders immediately by clicking the "Order" button below each child's name.
One of the features of this program is the ability to pay for hot lunch orders via paypal. Many hours are devoted by the school office, and by the PAC hot lunch volunteers to collect, count, reconcile and deposit the hot lunch money each and every month – it's a big job! We encourage everyone to try Paypal (a trusted and safe payment site) www.paypal.com to pay for hot lunch. No more late payments, no chance of money going missing -- ordering and paying will be paperless, seamless, and so much easier! There is a small fee associated with using Paypal (this is charged by Paypal, not PSG) but it is relatively small when compared to the benefits of using the service.
* Emails will be sent out to the email address on your Hot Lunches.net account to notify parents that sessions are open to ordering. Emails will also out to remind parents that ordering for the lunch session will soon be closing. Once a session has been closed it cannot be reopened so don’t wait until the last minute to place your orders!
* As in the past, should your child be sick or otherwise absent on a day they have ordered lunch, arrangements can be made to pick up the lunch from the kitchen at lunch time or we will try to send it home with a sibling. Otherwise, it will be considered a donation.
* If your child has a problem with their lunch, i.e. wrong order, missing item, please tell your child to go to the school kitchen where the lunch volunteers will be happy to help them out.
* The Hot Lunches.net system will send you an email reminder a day or two before a hot lunch day to remind you of your order. If you do not receive an email that means you have not successfully ordered lunch for the next day and you need to send a lunch with your child. If you are certain the you ordered, check your spam folder to see if the emails are going there. If so, change your email settings so you can receive the reminders in your inbox.
* You can go back into the system at any time to verify your order and review the upcoming lunch schedule. Click the “Login Here” button to access your account at any time, then go to “My Account”, then “Reprint My Orders”.
* Orders can be changed as long as the ordering deadline has not passed..
* If you do not have internet access, you can arrange to pick up a Manual Order form from the office. Manual Order forms and payment much be received by the office before the order deadline.
The hot lunch team NEEDS your help!
If you are available to help prepare, sort, and distribute lunches on Thursdays from approximately 10:30-12:30 we would love your assistance! There is a volunteer page in the online system where you can checkmark which dates you are available and we will contact you with a proposed schedule. This is and easy, fun way to contribute to the school and does count towards volunteer hours.
If you have any questions or comments about the Hot Lunch program please contact us at email@example.com
Our thanks to the Holy Cross parent community for supporting this PSG fundraiser and to the volunteers who make the program a success!
Thank you very much.
Holy Cross Hot Lunch Team